Thursday, April 23, 2009

The ups and downs of grenada

As i remember in my old blog i told everyone the beautiful highlights like the Sam the cat or water falls. There always seemed to be a black cloud over Grenada. So here are the pros and cons of Grenada.
Pros
I has a great time playing games with the kids next door they were great especcially d.j.. We still remember his good afternoons. :)
We were in a beautiful lush setting and luckily we had internet and a fan all great things.
We had our best freind adam their.
sam the cat was so cute and now he is all grown up.
The water falls in grenada were amazing.
Grand anse beach is also very cool

Cons
Tooo hot, we were in a valley, no wind circulation.
I only went to Grenada marine every once and a while but the smell of
epoxy was terrible.
Hardly any family (except for three weeks)
The creole was not understandable.
And the guys at Grenada marine sang with no music.
( that is the worst)

I call Grenada marine the boatyard of broken dreams (promises). Everyday I heard from dad " we found more dry rot today" or" We need to go buy this. They started by telling us that in October Artemo would be finished. Our boat went into the water in January. Grenada is a beautiful place and if it didn't have all those bad memories it would be one of my favorite islands.
Love you all
Alex

4 comments:

Trese said...

You know Alex you have a real gift for writting. You really know how to express yourself and your description of things makes you think you are right there. I love reading your blogg and you know what? They are much longer then when you first started out. I like that as well.With any place there is always the good and the bad. I look forward to another blogg soon. Where are you now???

songjason said...

yes excellent writing sir

Ann-Marie said...

I love reading your blog Alex. You always make me laugh.

gobiggygo said...

and I like it too...